TRAINING & TESTING GAME-BREAKING SPEED WITH 1080 SPRINT
1080 Motion continues our commitment to developing elite speed as sponsors of the 2019 College Gridiron Showcase January 5-9 at McNair Stadium in Fort Worth, Texas.
“It’s a computerized system that allows me to apply a very precise amount of resistance to a resisted sprint. Or, if we want to achieve an overspeed stimulus, I can add a very precise amount of speed to each one of our athletes.”
— Dr. Matt Rhea, Athletic Performance Coach for Indiana University football
1080 SPRINT ON THE GRIDIRON
1080 Sprint utilizes a fully digitalized, adaptive cable-based system to allow coaches to control resistance and assistance to train speed and power. An intuitive iPad platform and live data feedback provide coaches instant insight and the ability to track performance trends over time.
- Variable (sled-type) resistance to develop explosion off the line of scrimmage at every position.
- Ultra smooth and responsive resistance allowing for safe max speed training with reduced risk of hamstring injuries and muscle pulls.
- Overspeed and assistance-based training to boost max speed.
- Cable extends to 98 yards, with resistance and assistance up to 64 lbs, equal to a 200 lbs sled resistance.
- 5 yard, 10 yard, 30 yard split times.
- Load – velocity profiling.
- Asymmetry detection for limiting factor analysis and athlete reconditioning after injury.
1080 MOTION AT THE COLLEGE GRIDIRON SHOWCASE
- Visit our booth at the convention center January 6-8 for information about how college and pro football teams (in addition to other elite sports programs) are using 1080 Sprint.
- Sign up for times and information about 1080 Sprint demos on the practice field.
- Contact 1080 Motion President Peter Holmertz to take advantage of individual or multi-unit discounts on 1080 Sprint exclusively for College Gridiron Showcase attendees, including NFL teams and agents. Feel free to have your strength and conditioning or sports medicine staff contact us in advance for additional information.
Email: [email protected]
“When we’re getting ready for the combine, we train every detail for how they will perform it that day. How many steps, when and how they move the hips for deceleration, how they execute the turn.”
— Matt Neel, Xceleration Sports Performance Labs in Austin, TX on Combine Testing with the 1080.
“There is no substitute for raw speed in sports—the cornerstone of athlete development is knowing how and when to train this game-breaking quality. By establishing a model built on strong fundamental principles, physical preparation coaches can remove doubt from the decision-making process and pursue long-term, optimal outcomes. The 1080 Sprint allows for NO guesswork in this model; instead, we identify goals and train the exact needs to achieve them.”
— Paul Beckwith, Apex Athletic Performance, Columbia, SC.