Swimming performance and monitoring training with new technologies
DATE: May 28, 2020
About this Webinar :
Swimming is one of the most popular sports in the world. The swimming environment is harsh and challenging to sustain, providing technological limitations for monitoring performance and daily training. However, new technologies become more and more advanced and available for providing applied research and to monitor performance and training in the aquatic environment.
This presentation will center around five new technological possibilities for applied swimming research, and to monitor performance and daily training.
- race analysis with automatic movement recognition for identifying and improving performance determining factors,
- a portable winch system for generating load-velocity profiles, anaerobic and strength testing, and passive drag,
- optical heart rate for monitoring training intensity,
- inertial measurement units for daily monitoring stroke kinematics, and
- electromyographic enhancements for identifying muscular activation patterns, fatigue and correspondence to technique/drill exercises.